Visit us at the Ernie Doe Archives Room, located in the Salmon Arm Museum building at the Haney Heritage Village. Named for author of The Centennial History of Salmon Arm, the archives room contains microfilmed copies of the Salmon Arm Observer (1907-2005), and numerous textual and graphic records in addition to other archival material.
The archives houses 111 Fonds, or archival collections, 12,000 photographs, 200 maps, and 63 lineal feet of paper records. Of special interest is a collection of more than 900 glass plate negatives created by professional photographers Rex Lingford, Francis Duncan, and Hector J. Perrier dating from 1909-1917.
The archival holdings illustrate the history and economic and cultural development of the Shuswap area. For Fonds level descriptions visit the BC Archival Union List ~
The non-archival collection is stored in the museum’s sealed basement, catalogued to Chenhall standards, and recorded on a Microsoft Database program. The collection of artefacts reflects the activities of settlers and their developing community.
Hours of operation are year round: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Messages for the Archivist, Deborah Chapman, may be left by telephone 250-832-5289,
fax 250-832-5291, or email email@example.com